VIDEO: Warped Planned Parenthood Cartoon For Kids
Have you heard of Planned Parenthood? According to their own site, “For more than 90 years, Planned Parenthood has promoted a commonsense approach to women’s health and well-being, based on respect for each individual’s right to make informed, independent decisions about health, sex, and family planning.”
Sounds great, right? Well, if you read the news then you know they certainly have an agenda that is perhaps not so magnanimous. It’s important to know that our tax dollars go to this organization. That means your money goes to providing abortions–and also their messaging and marketing.
Below is quite an ‘interesting’ cartoon aimed at young people put together by Planned Parenthood. It appeared on their site up until 2005, and it is quite disturbing. Some would call this propaganda, which, after watching it, I can understand. It seeks to convey a positive message about Planned Parenthood via the cause of their superhero, Dionysus: The Superhero for Choice.
Some interesting points as you watch:
- Remember, this is geared to young people (teens, tweens).
- The superhero is named Dionysis–the god of the grape harvest, winemakingand wine, of ritual madness and ecstasy in Greek mythology.
- Dionysis talks about the protection of free speech and then proceeds to murder the pro-life demonstrators (Yes, you read the correctly.)
- She also drowns (to death) a creepy old man (because anyone telling kids about abstinence is, right?).
- It is purportedly promoting choice, unless of course you choose traditional values. Then you deserve to die.
- Conservative values are ‘misinformed’ by their very nature.
- By the way, abstinence works every time it’s tried. Something this video misses.