10 Things You Didn’t Know About ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’
If you around my age then you LOVE A Charlie Brown Christmas. The beloved Snoopy, Linus, and Pig-Pen, and Charlie bring humor and comfort. I’ve watched it every year for my whole life. And now I watch it with my kids, who seem to enjoy it too.
Did you know there are 10 Things you didn’t know about ‘A Charlie Brown Christmas’? Here they are. You can click the link above to read the backstory behind each one:
10. Most of the voice actors were cast from kids in the director’s neighborhood
9. Some of the child actors were so young, they couldn’t read the script
8. Charles Schulz refused to let CBS executives insert a laugh track
7. Schulz actually hated jazz music
6. The network execs and sponsors hated the special and wanted to bury it
5. The producers thought it would be a flop and that they “ruined Charlie Brown forever”
4. Snoopy got all the action scenes because he was the easiest to animate
3. Some earlier runs of the special included product placements for Coca-Cola
2. It is the second longest-running Christmas special of all time
>1. Linus’ “True Meaning of Christmas” speech was almost cut!
Can you believe the speech by Linus was almost cut? The best part! Can you imagine?
This entry was posted by Jason Berggren on December 21, 2011 at 6:19 am, and is filed under Funny Stuff, Unauthorized Blogs. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback from your own site.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.