Easter Eggs Renamed Easter Spheres Because Of Religious Implications
Call them Spring Spheres-or else!
That’s what happened to 16-yr-old Jessica who volunteering in a third grade class in her local public school. At the end of the week of her service project she decided she wanted to bring some treats in for the kids. This article reports:
“At the end of the week I had an idea to fill little plastic eggs with treats and jelly beans and other candy, but I was kind of unsure how the teacher would feel about that,” Jessica said.
“I went to the teacher to get her approval and she wanted to ask the administration to see if it was okay,” Jessica explained. “She said that I could do it as long as I called this treat ‘spring spheres.’ I couldn’t call them Easter eggs.”
This is quite ridiculous. Is this what our civilization has come to? Besides, that teacher is clearly an idiot of an educator. Eggs are not spheres. They are ovoids. Get it right!
They should be called Spring Ovoids then. Nice ring, huh? Let me tell you something else, besides a principled stance against such stupid political correctness, I would never bring my kids to a Spring Ovoid Hunt. It just sounds dirty.
- Dear Christian, Be An Informed Citizen
- So What About Gay Marriage?
- Student Suspended For Wearing Jesus Shirt
- Leadership is a BFD
- Red Bull Pulls Commercial Mocking Jesus
- Church Advertising “Jesus Heals Cancer” Causing Controversy
- Homeschooling Made Illegal
- Catholics Will Not Comply With New Healthcare Law
- 10 Things I Still Hate About New Year’s Resolutions
- 10 Things I Still Hate About The Holidays